About Me

My photo
I'm a Recovering Drama Queen. I got tired of the same old lines.

Monday, March 24, 2008

The Collection Room







Had this closet under our staircase that was packed with stuff. I hadn't seen the back of it (L-shaped) in about 6 years! One weekend while Peanut was with her dad I took everything out of the closet, painted it pink (ceiling and walls) and turned it into a Princess Closet. I had so much fun with the special touches, and it almost made me forget that I missed her. The closet was in surprisingly good shape. I was afraid I'd find bugs, etc back there...but not a single one. She knew I was doing something special with the closet, but I don't think she comprehended it until she saw it. I think it was a bit overwhelming b/c we are in the process of remodeling the house and a lot of stuff has been moved around. She renamed it her "Collection Room". Think that's supposed to mean her collection of costumes. I had the door taken off and added door beads to it, but haven't taken a picture of that yet. She enjoys the door beads b/c she can swish them back and forth and pretend it's a car wash. I think you can probably fit at least 3 little kids in this closet. I attached a butterfly wind chime to the pull cord for the light so she can reach it to turn it on...and the chimes let me know that she's in there. The other day I heard her pull the light switch and say "The Dolly house is open for business"...cute. I'm posting both the before and after pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment