About Me

My photo
I'm a Recovering Drama Queen. I got tired of the same old lines.

Sunday, November 2, 2008

SP for VP? NOT! But I Like Her Hair

I went as Sarah Palin for Halloween this year. Normally we have a costume contest at the office and I was pretty darn proud of myself for choosing my costume this year and shopping early for the clothes, props, etc. All in all I spent about $30 and that includes the glasses, makeup and red jacket. My friend Nadine (who just turned 40...25 days before me!) lives in Alaska and sent me a stuffed moose I'll just refer to as "Lunch"...
Monday morning before Halloween...the office decided not to do a contest! Oh the horror...was still going to dress up...We had big plans for the costume this year and we thought the office could use a little humor (some long time employees were laid off a couple of weeks ago and office atmosphere is a bit stressful)
The "We" is Tricia and I. I had convinced her to dress as Hillary Clinton and we made a spoof of the SNL skit with Tina Fey and Amy Poehler. It came out pretty well considering we used my digital camera to record it and we did it in two takes. We posted it on YouTube and used a made up email address on yahoo in order to email the link to co-workers. There have been 132 views on YouTube as of today! Co-workers and friends sent it to friends who sent it to friends! This is funny to me, b/c I thought it was pretty bad...you could tell that we were reading from cue cards and we couldn't figure out how to get the cue cards high enough to read without the camera angle being off. BUT, we had sooo much fun making it!
Turn up the volume before you click on the link...the sound was really low off of my digital camera. Enjoy and have a good laugh!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bICwdiKFD6Y

No comments:

Post a Comment