About Me

My photo
I'm a Recovering Drama Queen. I got tired of the same old lines.

Monday, May 3, 2010

Si, Se Puede!






Yes, it is possible
Yes we can
Yes, it can be done
Si, Se Puede!
Participated in the Mega March 2010 in downtown Dallas this weekend. Wasn't my "weekend" with Peanut, but Robert D let her come along. Tricia from my office also joined us (originally it was just going to be Tricia and me).
I have a lot of thoughts and feelings about the new law just passed in Arizona. Will probably take me a while to put it to words, but basically, that new law just scares me and I think it's a giant step backward for our country.
At any rate, the march was a very powerful experience. We arrived fairly early. The rush of stepping into the crowd to wait for the march to begin was very emotional and my eyes welled up with tears. We made many friends while waiting to start the march. One family in particular (dad, mom and three kids). The dad and the eldest child were getting the crowd going with cheers. They offered us an umbrella to stay cool and were so nice to talk to. While we were walking, there was a woman next to us who turned to Tricia and me to thank us for being there. Blew me away because I don't look at it as something I should be thanked for. I want my child to grow up knowing that sometimes the laws aren't fair and that she has the power to do something about it (even if it's by marching to make a statement).
Si, se puede! We all can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment