About Me

My photo
I'm a Recovering Drama Queen. I got tired of the same old lines.

Monday, December 13, 2010

Sunshine and Rain

When I say goodnight to Peanut I often say, "Goodnight, be my Sunshine in the morning". I've been doing this since she was about 2. I even recorded it on a Build-a-Bear stuffed dog that she made when she was 3.

Last night I ended up letting her sleep in my bed. I decided that weening her off of sleeping in my bedroom wasn't a good idea this week because she's about to start her Winter Break long stretch with her dad. I'll definitely see her during this time, but I don't know how many overnights she'll have with me. I have her the second half of the break this year...better to start that process then.

She was being really good yesterday, so I let her bring her big horse in the bed. I usually just take the horse off the bed when I'm ready to get in it. Last night I went into the room and found her intertwined with the horse. She named the horse Rain after the female horse in the movie "Spirit". Couldn't resist taking a photo...she looked so comfortable.

Moral of this story is:

It's okay to go to bed with Rain as long as you get to wake up with Sunshine



No comments:

Post a Comment