About Me

My photo
I'm a Recovering Drama Queen. I got tired of the same old lines.

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Skin


One salty tear would lead to the next,
And the next,
Until pretty soon I'd be empty...
A mere fraction of a woman.
Emaciated by the grief, yet again.
I waited for it to all spill out like before,
But it did not.
A couple of leaks here and there,
Easily patched by the kindness I built up.
My skin now thick and rich,
And all signs of anxiety exfoliated.
I am whole.
Still.
Without you.

December 30, 2012
I've had some time to reflect on this poem. I was very angry when I wrote it. The truth is...I cried buckets...I just had to hold them in until my family left and I was alone. I am whole (that part is true), but I am hurting, and that's okay because you don't lose a year long love with the person you wanted to spend your life with without feeling the loss.

15 comments:

  1. This sounds strong, yet sad. Is Rudolph out of the picture?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big hugs, pretty lady. Big ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous... and not. Is there more I missed? I'm very out of the loop...

    (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rudolph is no longer in the picture. I'm going to leave it at that, for now. Thank you for your concern, my friends!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All I got is lots of hugs... and a phone number if you need it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry. I love you, Stephanola.

    Love,
    Janieola, who has been having a similar sadness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Janieola. I feel your pain. Love right back.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you, Sherry...and thanks for following me.

      Delete
  8. Koi mujhse bhi puch le kyun khamosh hai meri aankhein,Meri zindagi ko fir se maang raha hai ye dil satta king and Har lamha yun kal Ko talash raha hai yeh dil,Guzri yaadon ko fir se jeena chah raha hai yeh dil play bazaar

    ReplyDelete
  9. Superb Article i like Satta King by the next afternoon I'm chomping at the bit to get back to it.This is very good blogspot theme, where you can find out the best theme and latest designs Very good . Know what you mean. but You know about the Game which is viral soo play bazaar

    ReplyDelete
  10. Обратите внимание при поливе роз. До тех пор, пока их корни устанавливаются розы должны быть хорошо поливать, потом они будут нуждаться только в поливвоке во время засушливых периодов. Вода из бани, а не шланга, наливающая близко к земле. Брызги листьев с водой может привести к плесени, если не хватает солнца, play bazaar satta king чтобы высушить их до наступления темноты.

    ReplyDelete