About Me

My photo
I'm a Recovering Drama Queen. I got tired of the same old lines.

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Unbroken

This is a poem that my mom sent me. It is in the book called "Evidence Poems" by Mary Oliver

"Broken, Unbroken"

The lonely stand in the dark corners of their hearts
I have seen them
in the cities,
and in my own neighborhood,
nor could I touch them
with the magic
that they crave
to be unbroken
then I myself,
lonely,
said hello
to good fortune.
Someone
came along
and lingered
and little by little
became everything
that makes the difference.
Oh, I wish such good luck
to everyone.
How beautiful it is
to be unbroken.

Life is amazing when you come out of that dark corner of your heart. Thank you, mom! She sent this to me at a time when I really needed it. It helped me realize that I am no longer broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment