About Me

My photo
I'm a Recovering Drama Queen. I got tired of the same old lines.

Friday, July 27, 2012

Back in Time - February

I miss the connection that comes with every day writing...I feel like I've left so much out over the past 8 months. I hope to get back to just writing about what's going on in my life in addition to the poetry. Don't get me wrong, I love giving you all glimpses of me via the poetry...but I don't think I'm really connecting.

So here are some photos from my trip in February to Florida for my niece and nephew's B'nai Mitzvah (they're twins). Rudolph actually met all of my family and we were only 2.5 months into dating. Brave man...and of course, they loved him. It was one of the best family trips I've ever had. My sister, mother of the twins, was the happiest I've ever seen her. Rudolph and I had some quiet time with my brother and his wife one night (Peanut slept at her cousins' house). E and J are definitely Rudolph's favorites. They're just so easy to be around.

I don't see my siblings often; we actually don't talk all that much on the phone, but the closeness we feel when together makes up for it.

I've since met Rudolph's family, but I'll save that for another post.

My brother and his wife...they will be married 20 years in November-
They've worked hard for this happiness!

Rudolph talking to Papa Sam at the brunch following
the B'Nai Mitzvah for my niece and nephew in February

 My dad and my niece and nephew -
I know, my dad looks good for 69...
and he rocks those glasses! 

 Peanut and my stepmom -sharing silly time in the backyard

12 comments:

  1. No matter what you write or share I'm here and I love it. Want to connect with a larger group? I'd love to see you write a short fiction piece for The Indie Chicks. We are hosting a contest! Please think about it.
    http://theindiechicks.com/indie-fiction-writing-contest/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jewels! I'm looking into it as I type!

      Delete
  2. Awww, that looked like such a great trip! You're making me miss family! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful family and a lovely Rudolph.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey thanks for connecting!! Those pics were great and yes your dad totally rocks those specs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you had a great time with your family. I couldn't be happier for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Stephanie, thank you for sharing these photographs of your extended family. And yes, I do like to know what's happening in your life now that you seem to be at peace with love. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know I love your "real life" posts. :)

    Love the pics...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so relate to what you are expressing here. I think I am slowly discovering that poetry is only one of the languages I wish to share with others. Perhaps this new frontier may be an exciting chapter. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. DEE said it for me--STAY HAPPY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good times! Sometimes I think I miss my family members that are five states away, but then I get wind of some family drama and I'm totally fine with not having seen my brother in 4 years.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Superb Article i like Satta King by the next afternoon I'm chomping at the bit to get back to it.This is very good blogspot theme, where you can find out the best theme and latest designs Very good . Know what you mean. but You know about the Game which is viral soo play bazaar

    ReplyDelete