About Me

My photo
I'm a Recovering Drama Queen. I got tired of the same old lines.

Monday, October 25, 2010

Quite Extraordinary

We had the parent/teacher conference with Peanut's teacher a couple of weeks ago. Her reading tested at a third grade level and her math was at a second grade level...this, of course, makes me very proud as she's only in first grade. The teacher said she hasn't noticed Peanut getting distracted to the point where it affects her work...if anything, she said that Peanut tends to get too into her work which makes it hard for her to follow directions and move on to the next assignment, etc. She said that she writes 3-5 pages in her journal when only a sentence is required and that she thinks she'll make a great actress! Fun!

Perhaps the most touching piece of news was when she said that Peanut befriended another girl in the class who was having difficulty making friends. It feels so good when people notice her kind, sensitive side...makes me feel even better that she has that capacity. I was always the shy, timid kid in school...having a social butterfly for a child is more than I could have hoped for. The fact that she uses that skill for the benefit of others makes her quite extraordinary in my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment