About Me

My photo
I'm a Recovering Drama Queen. I got tired of the same old lines.

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Trouble Brewing

Who knew a book I purchased in 2006 for $1.00 would become a favorite?! Found this book at a dollar store in October of 2006. Peanut picked it out, I think. It was a book called "Trouble Brewing"...a Halloween book. I first read it to her when she was about 2 1/2. By the end of the month she practically had it memorized. We've pulled it out around Halloween time every year and she even brought it with her to day care to recite. I often use silly voices for characters in stories, and the voices I've used for these particular characters have remained the same over the years. This year Peanut can read the book on her own and using the voices! She was Star Student this week at school and one of the items she was to bring in was her favorite book. She brought "Trouble Brewing" to class with her on Tuesday. She told me that usually her teacher would read the Star Student's book to their classmates...This time was different.  Peanut got to read her book voices and all! I must admit, she tells it better than I. When I picked her up from school I found her reading to a couple of her classmates. It was adorable!

"Delicious" she cackled
"It still needs some snake skins, Dizzy"
"What's that dreadful smell?" he bellowed

I need to figure out how to put audio on this blog...I guess you kind of just have to be there to really appreciate "Trouble Brewing".

No comments:

Post a Comment