About Me

My photo
I'm a Recovering Drama Queen. I got tired of the same old lines.

Thursday, February 9, 2012

New Dimensions - Beauty of a Woman Blogfest

I posted this piece yesterday before I knew about the BEAUTY OF A WOMAN BLOGFEST



I hope this piece of work does justice. Please check out August's blog and participate! I don't know how to do the logo so it has a link, but just click on her blog link above for details.

Here's my post from yesterday:

NEW DIMENSIONS

You shattered me into a million pieces,
But lovingly put me back together.
I’m whole again,
And yet I’m so very different.
Light doesn’t entirely reflect off of me anymore.
It shines through the cracks and the crevices
Where I used to be solid.
I now have highlights.
I like it this way.
How else could I mirror the depths
Of your new dimensions?

I thought a follow up to my Perfect Unison piece from November would be nice. It's quite extraordinary to finally feel accepted by my own reflection.

22 comments:

  1. I love this. These cracks make us stronger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! Lovely lovelylovely. Lovely Stephanola.

    Love,
    Janieola

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made me understand exactly how you felt--I loved it !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soooo beautiful! I could picture this so vividly. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some great poetry there! I'm a new reader. I look forward to more words.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely, Stephanie. Thanks so much for joining us! Can't wait to share your post tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, August! I really enjoyed being part of this blogfest. Glad I found your blog!

      Delete
  7. Ain't that the truth? Finding someone able to help you see that earth-bound is just part of the equation, is pretty special. Lovely poem.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ain't that the truth? What a gift to find someone who helps you see that earthbound is only part of the equation. Lovely writing

    ReplyDelete
  9. "I now have highlights"--love that line!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You weave words so well that you easily create wonderful scenes in the minds of your readers! This is wonderful and very fitting for the event!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful! I love that, "How else could I mirror the depths of your new dimensions?"

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved it. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. One of my favorite Blogfests to date...so many powerful messages in everyone's posts.

      Delete
  13. Dear Stephanie,
    I am so happy for you.

    Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautifully said Stephanie!

    What a great way to share your work and I think it gave the blogfest more meaning.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i really like it a lot. it has a conversational feel the way it ends on a sort of rhetorical question to the self. very nice:)

    ReplyDelete