About Me

My photo
I'm a Recovering Drama Queen. I got tired of the same old lines.

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Hug Hug Kiss Kiss


Hi there, it's been a couple of weeks since I last made a post. My Grandma Norma passed away on September 20th. She was a very important person in my life and I have so many memories I could fill up a book! I've attached the only photo I have on-hand at the moment. It's of my grandma giving me a bath in her apartment on Wedgewood Drive. I loved that place and when I think of the times I spent with my grandma I always picture us there. I will post one that shows how beautiful my grandma was when I have a chance to upload more photos.
I met my Mom and my sister, Marci in Philly for the funeral. Tough few days. Emotions were running very high and it was easy to lose perspective and forget why we were all there...to honor and grieve the loss of Norma Miller. The eulogy delivered by the rabbi was beautiful. My Aunt Rita wrote most of it, I believe, and she painted such a picture of who my grandma was and how she touched the lives of so many. I sat there trying to take it all in, softness in my mother's hands, the taste of tears, the birds chirping, a lawnmower in the background, cars and trucks passing by, the smell of fresh ground (which was surprisingly comforting), a butterfly passing by (hello Grandma Ann!...more on that another time)...and the kind and softspoken words of a rabbi who only knew my grandma for a short time, if at all, and spoke as if he knew her forever. She was surrounded by family and friends. My grandma has 4 siblings, Olga, Esther, Billy and Gershon. They were all there, some with their spouses (Shirley and Jean, my Great Aunts) and children. So we sat, and listened, and cried and said our good-bye's. . .Hug, hug, kiss, kiss Grandma Norma. I'm going to miss saying that.

1 comment:

  1. You paint a very evocaive picture. I am sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete