About Me

My photo
I'm a Recovering Drama Queen. I got tired of the same old lines.

Monday, October 22, 2007

Last day of Soccer Tots - It was about the journey


Yesterday was the last Soccer Tots session for Peanut. She and Maddie were the only two girls in the class this time. I will never forget her face as the kids ran from one end of the field to the other...she'd skip and then look at me and smile and then skip some more. I decided for her it was not about the race...it was about the journey. I wonder if she'll get her dad's athletic ability...doesn't seem to be there just yet, but I hope so...much more athletic than I am. Whether she's good at sports or not, I just want to see her trying and having fun. Too many times I was told I wasn't good at sports as a kid and it kept me from trying. Very easy to say "I'm not going to be good at it, so why bother..." I think the best thing you can do for your kids is to expose them to sports and the arts, etc and just sit back and see what takes. No expectations. Now, should she decide to become an Ice Princess, I will be the happiest skating mom on the planet!...but no pressure. Would only want her to do that if it were her dream too.

No comments:

Post a Comment