Mrs. Pickles said I'd get an award if I posted 7 things about myself. Groovy. Here goes:
1. I was too afraid to do the Tarzan Swing at girl scout camp. It was a swing that would swing you from one end of a watering hole to the other side. It was at sleep away
Mosquito Feasting On Me camp. I hated sleep away camp. For one, the mosquitos...and bugs...I don't like bugs. The food was awful, and I was always the kid that would get food smacked in my face simply for being in the line of fire during someone else's food fight....that had nothing to do with timid me!
Back to the swing....I was hesitant about doing it and the camp counselors were less than encouraging...I learned at a young age how not to try things. I'm learning in adulthood that nobody gets to make that decision for me.
2. I kissed two different guys on my 22nd birthday. Just kissed. Honest. Oh man, that was 20+ years ago! Feeling old now...well, not really.
3. When I was six I streaked through my house when our babysitter, Mike, was there. I had a crush on him...seemed like the thing to do. He told my parents....I got in big trouble.
4. I can't go to sleep without socks on...even if the rest of my body is bare...I gotta have socks.
5. I've never smoked pot or done any other illegal drugs...and I'm proud of that. I did, however, throuroughly enjoy the morphine they gave me at the hospital after having a growth removed from my ovary in 1997. Best night's sleep ever!
6. I was a card carrying member of Journey's Fan Club (I don't think they do cards now...but I am still a member of the fan club).
7. Fennel seeds make me gag...and I can't be in the same room with any food cooked with curry.
So there you have it.
Pretty vanilla, I know.