I received an award from The lovely Jewels a couple of days ago. Thank you, Jewels! You like me, you really like me! (Never liked the movie "Soap Dish" so I have no clue why I'm referencing it here).
If you haven't read Jewels' blog please take the time to. I'm always amazed at her wisdom and insight...not to mention her terrific writing style.
In order to properly accept this award I am to share three random facts about myself with you all:
1. I love the movie, "Love, Actually." The soundtrack from that movie makes me all mushy and sappy (more so than my usual mushiness). It is my favorite movie to watch over and over...especially on a plane ride.
2. I won a blue, banana seat bicycles with tassels, basket and bell from The Skipper Chuck show in the 1970's (elementary school...I wanna say 1st or 3rd grade). It was a local daily variety show for kids. I got to sit in the audience with my girl scout troop a few days before and apparently my name went into a drawing. Skipper Chuck was very big on promoting the Jerry Lewis Telethon for MD. I remember several times ordering their "carnival" kit so we could have a carnival in our backyard (no rides, just games, etc) to help raise money for MD. My sister was usually in charge and I remember her setting me up at a booth so people could challenge me to a game of Connect Four.
3. After an emotionally draining post (or posts), I get a high from the newly found me...and then I get needy. I need you to read what I have to say. I need you to comment. I need you to accept me. I NEED! So I take a big step back because, after all, I'm never too comfortable with my growing self. This was evident after this past week's posts (Taxi Cab parts I-VI). I don't have Peanut this weekend, I have hibernated...I'm quite lonely, sobbing for no reason, vegging out, depressed by the very thing that lifted me up the day before! Emotionally exhausted by what I wrote. It was big...and I don't know that I can live up to it. For a change, I'm not waiting for a knight in shining armour to rescue me...but I'm still a ways from being able to pick myself up. So this is probably not considered a "random" fact about me...but it's me.
And now to pass this award on to 7 others. There have been several kind people in the past few weeks who have given of themselves via their writing (and comments). I adore these people. They're extraordinary! It was hard to pick, so I tried to pick people I'm newly acquainted with.
1. Padded Cell Princess - Sweet comments from a far away place, at times you feel like a long-lost "little sister", we are forever linked by our musical noses!
2. Dee from Coming Home to Myself - your ability to connect is a gift. Thank you.
3. Desiree at Driftwood Ramblings - you always leave the most thoughtful comments...and her photos are amazing!
4. The Minute Man's Wife - this woman defines what it means to be a loving parent. "Girl child" need not come from you to be yours. She is yours simply because you love her like she is.
5. Soph - she's fantastic and you'll love her great stories about dating
6. Light208 at Choices and Shadows - her fiction makes me want to write and write and write...she puts her heart into every piece, you can tell.
7. Maxwell - because he's not afraid to say things that we all think from time to time and his wit leaves me speechless sometimes...plus he's following Peanut's Blog and I don't have to censor his comments.
Seven is really not enough....really...so take a look at my list of "The Real Blogs of Note" (to the left of this post). There you'll find some of my most treasured friends.